January 09, 2023
Social Media Coordinator
This role will be working in the Marketing team, alongside two other Marketing Coordinators, monitoring and engaging with social media channels for our community-focused banners. Our customer has developed a relationship with our banners through our social media channels’ marketing strategy. This Social Media Coordinator needs to have a great understanding on the importance of a digital presence and the power of Marketing.
- Receive Marketing strategies, timelines, and creative assets for social media.
- Monitor the content calendar to align with strategy and project launch calendars.
- Daily engagement on Social Media channels across all banners.
- Can quickly adapt to trending things in pop culture and participate with proper brand voice aligning specific banners to the conversation.
- 1-3 years of experience with Social Media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok; potential to adapt with new updates in technology and strategies)
- Open to taking direction but willing to take ownership and become self-motivated
- Great at being a problem-solver
- Exceptional communication skills
Understands what marketing is, why it's important, and how it supports our business. Someone who takes ownership of their own work and has a great attitude towards getting goals accomplished.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience managing content calendars
- Has used scheduling tools before (Later, Sprout Social, FB Planner, etc.)
- Has used newsletter marketing platforms before (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.) Understands the importance on social media KPIs
- Is interested in supporting others, engaging with our communities, stays up to date with social media trends, and pop culture.
This role works alongside a fast-paced creative studio team (photographers, videographers, editors), design team, buyers, retail, and a community focused team. Although this position reports directly to the Marketing Lead, all teams work together to accomplish goals. There's an opportunity to learn from anyone, especially if you’re self-motivated. This role is NOT for someone who looks to only check things off a list. If you are motivated by assisting to solve social issues, pop culture, and storytelling, you’ll
easily have the drive to get involved. This role is especially fit for someone who thinks making social changes are
The Whitaker Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.