May 22, 2023
Monview Site Coordinator
The Whitaker Project is a 501c3 non-profit that activates initiatives with its diverse community at large and seeks to be a strategic change agent within Black and Brown communities across the U.S.
To manage the day-to-day operations of the physical beSocial Resource Center space, facilitate the creation and scheduling of Monview programing, and cultivate community engagement and immersion through relationships with the Monview community, event coordinating and programming with our community partners.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Community, oversee the implementation and facilitation of programs and curricula
- Lead in the planning and management of daily assisting with attendants and implementation of daily activities in the center and external spaces
- Plan and design special events, parent activities, and trips
- Assist Head of Community in managing training, supervision, and evaluation of attendants, specialists, and volunteers
- Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior and communicate behavior incidents with the Head of Community and other necessary staff
- Attend mandatory professional development meetings and trainings
Other duties as assigned
Ability to communicate and execute in a professional and timely manner
Previous experience in community programming youth development and engagement
Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with young children, adults, parents, and staff
A passion for community engagement and events
Punctuality and a high attention to detail
Experience managing multiple priorities
Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively
Accountability for space maintenance and repairs
The ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree preferred
First Aid and CPR certification desirable
The Whitaker Project prides itself on creating a healthy self-management working environment to produce the most efficient and creative place of work.
The physical requirements may be included but are not limited to standing, walking, squatting, lifting, bending, and any additional requirements that may be necessary.