June 06, 2023
Assistant Store Manager
Off-Season National Harbor
We are looking for a Retail Store Assistant Manager who will help organize and run our retail stores and fill in for the store manager when needed. Your job will be highly important in ensuring the sales team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead staff, help customers and work with upper management
- Great customer service skills, including patience and active listening, to ensure customers feel heard and helped
- Presentation skills and knowledge of best visual and marketing display practices
- Conflict management skills to resolve customer issues effectively and ensure efficiency on teams
- Good time management skills to set realistic deadlines and follow specific steps to reach time-sensitive objectives
- In-depth knowledge of the store’s merchandise, its exact location and its prices
- Supervise and train staff
- Review staff performance and offer constructive feedback
- Collaborate with team leads on setting and achieving team-specific goals
- Purchase inventory based on current trends, availability of new products and customer interest
- Display merchandise to maximize purchasing appeal
- Organize sales and product demonstrations
- Write sales and customer reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Interact with customers and resolve complaints or grievances
The Whitaker Group prides itself on creating a healthy self-management working environment to produce the most efficient and creative place of work.
The physical requirements may include but are not limited to standing, walking, squatting, lifting, and bending. Previous experience within a photographic studio environment is not required but preferred.
The Whitaker Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.